Monday, January 21, 2013

Cleaning Tricks

Hello lovies...its MLK day which means no work for this girl! It's way too cold to go outside so I decided I would dedicate the day to cooking and deep cleaning...feeling domestic.

The stove has been looking pretty grimy lately...I am the queen of boil overs and somehow every time I cook, food always ends up under the pan and burns to a crisp leaving big black marks all over the stove. 



Here's what you need:

-Bowl
-Dish soap
-Cleaning rags
-Baking soda
-Rubber gloves


Fill bowl with hot water and dish soap, soak the rags. 


Apply a good amount of baking soda 


Ring the water of the rags and cover the stove top, leave on for 15 minutes. Once the time is up, gently scrub. If its really dirty you may want to leave the rags on for a little longer.


Ta-da! So clean! 

I also cleaned the dishwasher, which is super easy. First, pull out the bottom rack and make sure there's nothing clogging the drain. To my surprise I found an almond and a chunk of broken glass! Then, put 1 cup of white vinegar on the top rack and run the normal cycle with extra hot water. The vinegar will help wash away the grease and sanitize. Once the cycle is over remove the cup from the top rack and sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of the tub and run a short cycle, still using extra hot water. 

I also have bean and spinach soup in the crock pot...I will share the recipe sometime this week!

Thank you Pinterest!

7 comments:

  1. Nice! I was actually thinking the other day that I desperately need to clean out my stove. I'm definitely going to try this, thanks for the tips xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh thank u so.much I've been scrubbing.with everything from.Mr clean eraser sponges to.vinager:) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh thank u so.much I've been scrubbing.with everything from.Mr clean eraser sponges to.vinager:) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should be careful not to stuff anything solid in the drain to prevent it from clogging. And though there emerged a lot of different ways to tackle clogged drains nowadays, soon, the pipe will wear out. So it's as essential to keep them free of clogs as making sure the pipes are in good condition. By the way, thank you for sharing your cleaning methods!

    Milani Plumbing, Drainage & Heating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think this will also work in those little stainless steel inserts that goes on the burner's, the one the burners sit on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really good article. Thanks for taking the time to explain things in such great detail in a way that is easy to understand.
    www.geelongcommercialcleaners.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. These steps are awesome. I enjoyed reading your blog and the image is really helpful to further understand the methods. Thank you for sharing this.

    Emergency Plumbing, Garbage Disposal and Water Filtration Services in Surrey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! It's highly appreciated! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...